CN, Duluth Cargo Connect hosts Duluth Intermodal Terminal ribbon-cutting
CN representatives joined partners from Duluth Cargo Connect, plus customers and other officials from the Duluth, Minnesota area Sept. 20 for an official ribbon-cutting at their new Duluth Intermodal Terminal. Remarks were given by:
- Lonny Kubas, Director of Marketing – CN Intermodal International
- Mayor Emily Larson, City of Duluth
- Keith Reardon – Vice President – CN Intermodal & Automotive
- U.S. Rep. Rick Nolan – Minnesota District 8
- Jonathan Lamb – Duluth Cargo Connect/President, Lake Superior Warehousing
- Vanta Coda – Duluth Cargo Connect/Executive Director, Duluth Seaway Port Authority
March 28, 2017 saw the opening of the first rail-served intermodal container ramp in the Twin Ports—an alliance between CN and Duluth Cargo Connect, a working partnership of the Duluth Seaway Port Authority and Lake Superior Warehousing. The CN Duluth Intermodal Terminal instantly connected this region to containerized imports and exports via a rail network that spans the continent, providing direct service to East, West and Gulf Coast ports. These connections offer our regional customers lower cost, more efficient supply chain options for international trade—moving containerized cargo in/out of the heartland of North America.
With the six-month anniversary of the opening, the port and regional officials attended the event to appropriately thank those colleagues, companies and community leaders who believed in our vision and have worked so hard to make it a success.