Great Lakes Economic Forum coming to Detroit-Windsor
The third Great Lakes Economic Forum, being held Monday-Wednesday, April 24-26, will bring together hundreds of industry executives, government officials, leading academics and members of the NGO community who have a stake in growing the economy in the Great Lakes/St. Lawrence region safely and sustainably while improving the well-being of the region’s citizens.
The event theme is “From Partnerships Flows Prosperity.”
Examples of topics previously covered at the forum include:
- The future of customs in an e-commerce world
- Optimizing and greening freight transportation
- Planning and permitting transboundary infrastructure projects
- Using big data to digitize border operations
- Expanding preclearance to all modes of travel
- Shifting to a low-carbon economy
- Growing binational tourism
- Protecting critical infrastructure in key sectors
- Improving cross-border interoperability to enhance public safety and more.
For more information, click here.