Great Lakes Shipyard awarded drydocking contract by McKeil Marine Ltd.
Great Lakes Shipyard was recently awarded a repair contract by McKeil Marine Ltd. to drydock its 50-metric-ton bollard pull tug Leonard M. The tug was hauled on March 1 using the shipyard’s 770-metric-ton Travelift. Repairs include general maintenance, as well as classification surveys and inspections. Work is expected to be completed later in the month.
McKeil Marine has been a regular customer of Great Lakes Shipyard. Over the past five years, Great Lakes Shipyard has completed several repair contracts for the company, including:
- Barge Huron Spirit – Dockside repairs (2014)
- Tug Leonard M – Drydocking (2014)
- Tug Leonard M – Drydocking (2013)
- Tug John Spence – Dockside repairs (2012)
- Barge Niagara Spirit – Dockside repairs (2012)