Green Marine elects new chairman
President and CEO of the Port of Cleveland, William D. Friedman, was elected Chairman of the Green Marine Board of Directors following the corporation’s Annual General Meeting during GreenTech 2018 in Vancouver, British Columbia. Friedman has been on the Green Marine board since 2013.
The Port of Cleveland is one of the environmental program’s founding members.
“I’ve been engaged on the Green Marine board for the last five years, and the Port of Cleveland has adopted a similar commitment as a member. It’s been great to see Green Marine grow and expand; and I am pleased to assume the Chairman position as we advance the maritime industry’s environmental stewardship practices and the development of this industry-led initiative,” said Friedman.
“Timing couldn’t be better,” said David Bolduc, Green Marine’s Executive Director. “Our annual conference, GreenTech 2019, is heading to Cleveland next year and we welcomed several new U.S. participants in the past months, including Interlake Steamship Company and Great Lakes Towing Company, both based in Cleveland.”
Friedman is the first American to preside over the Green Marine Board of Directors.
Two new directors were also elected to the board: Michael Fratianni, President and CEO, Montréal Gateway Terminals Partnership; and Cliff Stewart, Vice President Infrastructure, Vancouver Fraser Port Authority. Six other senior executives make up the remainder of the Board of Directors:
- Mark Barker, President, Interlake Steamship Company
- Brandy D. Christian, President & CEO, Port of New Orleans
- Craig H. Middlebrook, Deputy Administrator, St. Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation
- Allister Paterson, Executive Vice President and COO, CSL Group
- Ron Tursi, President, Guardian Ship Management Inc.
- Sylvie Vachon, President and CEO, Montréal Port Authority